The mission of the Waterbury Police Department is to deliver the highest quality police service, based upon the identified needs of diverse communities, in order to protect the safety, security, rights and freedoms of all individuals.
The motto “To Protect, Educate, and Serve” states the essential purpose of the Waterbury Police Department. The Department serves the people of the City of Waterbury by performing the law enforcement function in a professional manner. The Department protects the rights of all persons within its jurisdiction; to be free from criminal attack, to be secure in their possessions, and to live in peace. It is to these people that the Department is ultimately responsible.
- People are our first concern
- Emergency response is priority #1
- Success is based upon quality service
- Integrity is the foundation of excellence
- Strive for excellence through continuous improvement